Friday, October 19, 2012

Pointilism Optical Mixing

I've always been a fan of pointilism paintings... I came across this comparison of Georges Seaurat's 
 La Parade de Cirque(1889) 

and this dithered photo of a man.  


It started me thinking about Roy Lichtenstein's use of it in Pop Art work as he emulated the CMYK printing process in large format.


I then started researching DITHERED photos and found this image.  It is essentially a magnified digital image, but I found it very interesting in terms of composition and the use of SQUARE pixels mixing to create an image.  I am tempted to use a more squared off point in my Week 7 assignment to juxtapose the soft lines of the objects in my still life...


Yes.  I am week behind due to a SEVERE cold I came down with last Wednesday and have finally just rid myself of yesterday...


No comments: