Saturday, September 15, 2012

Laurie Fleming -Week 3 A Color Notation

Hmmm...  I began reading this and at first I was totally humored by the introduction.  I was it as a artist having this grand project in mind.  He could see it in the making and seeing the finished product in every single room.  But when it came to conveying that exact color that they envisioned in his head, he couldn't quite give the person a color that totally completed the vision.  And being what seem to be totally arrogant that of course no one other than he, the artist, could pick out the right colors from his head. Narcissistic to me.

Now after that, I found it very hard to understand what I was reading.  So from what I head.  I understand that people not able to accurately describe colors with what they have seen before or imagined it to be in associations with other things or nature. I understood that the 2D doesnt really express how our eye naturally sees things in color and in depth.  So we had to come up with a way to give realism to how we display what we see in 3D, with hues, value, and chroma.  And coming up with a way to display the full array of colors that fall between the primary colors.

In my looking as the different ways that these charts have been displayed I found that the spherical one made more since to me because I could see the direct complimentary colors to a particular color.

After that, I feel like I got lost again, but as I think about it right now.  It seems it show the definite importance of communication.  Especially in conjunction with relating ones artistic endeavors to others, you have to have something tangible that everyone can relate to so to get the point across.

I could be totally wrong... but thats what I got out of it.

All that being said.  I agree to the system.

No comments: